Monday, December 21, 2009

Product of the Moment

I've decided to try a recurring blog post where I talk about something useful in my life. An homage to whatever is getting me through the moment. For this first post, I'll be saluting all the items that have helped me stay flu & cold virus-free. For those of you who haven't been able to get in touch with us it's because our house has been a little under the weather. First, Olivia got a nasty cold/cough; it started Dec. 9th with just a cough and gradually progressed into a full-on head cold. She even stayed home from daycare two days last week! She's starting to feel better but as you can see from the second picture, we're still wiping away snot. Then, Frank came down with it this past Thursday and stayed home from work Friday and today. He's still feeling a little blech. Luckily, I have the immune system of someone who's worked with kids for 8+ years, so I got a little sick on Saturday, was stuffy on Sunday, and felt just fine today. Poor Livie and Frank, I was the last to get sick and the first to get better.

Either way, I'm featuring all the products that I've been obsessively using lately (minus the tissues, zinc drops & clementines which I was too lazy to take a second picture of). Friends, the old hand-washing & hand sanitizer safeguards really do work! We have a bottle of hand sanitizer in every room! And, for those of you thinking, "That doesn't work; your body gets used to it." You are wrong! 100%, absolutely wrong. What you are thinking about is anti-bacterial hand gel, which does NOT kill viral germs. It does kill bacterial germs but both the good and bad kind, which means your body can develop resistant bacterial strains (or something along those lines). Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is used in hospitals because it kills viral germs on contact and is almost as effective as washing your hands. The difference is that by using soap and placing your hands under running water, the germs are swept away. Seriously, look it up. Now, go wash your hands and disinfect your house! Livie says!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin