Sunday, October 11, 2009

C is for Cereal... and Carrots

On Oct 3rd, Olivia joined the world of solid-eating folks. She'd been doing great on rice cereal so we tried carrots this past Friday. The following are provided for your entertainment. Color commentary included. ;-)

This was our first go. I overestimated how much milk it would take to mix with the cereal. We also learned that when mixed with b-milk, the cereal becomes more soupy over time... so Olivia's first exposure to cereal was as soup. She loved it, even if most dribbled out of her mouth.


We got the consistency better this time around and we decided to offer a sippy cup, too. As you can see, she did a great job holding the cup. A better picture would have been the look on her face when I put the spout in her mouth. She kind of sat there as if to say, "What the heck is thing?!" When I talked to some fellow moms, they suggested finding sippy cups that are compatible with our bottles so we can use a nipple. I'm super excited because our bottle-maker (Avent) has just the product, so we will be trying those out this week.

This shot came out a little blurry, but I think her face says it all. And trust me when I say, she prefers cereal with breastmilk than cereal with formula... sigh, if only I had those faces on film!
By Wednesday we had it down. As you can see, she was totally digging the solid food. We are still mastering actually eating the solid food, but overall, we'll put it in the win column.
This was the first time she ate carrots. I'll post the video of this next. Priceless. Does anyone else think she looks like that baby from the e-trade commercials?
And this was the face she made when Daddy walked through the door. What a greeting!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this is the right spot, but I just read about "the Livster" being free of any binds!!!! I am so happy for you! HIP HIP HOORAY X 3!!! <3 Steph

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin