Thursday, June 25, 2009

14:29

Once upon a time last year... a little more than 1 year ago, actually, I ran a 27 something 5K (meaning I ran it in just over 27 minutes). It was my PR, a shining moment in my running career. But that was then and this is now, and a few days ago I decided to time myself running 1 mile. Just one. One measly little mile. The good news is that I was able to run the whole thing -- whoo hoo! The other news (because it's not bad, it just is) is that I ran it in 14 minutes and 29 seconds. To put a positive spin on this, it means that I have a lot of room for improvement, so my time will only get better. I won't lie, as exhilirating as it was to run for almost 15 minutes, it was frustrating to only hit 1 mile. But, it is what it is and I continue on my journey toward 13.1 miles (in a row. without stopping.). Well, that and a better time for the mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin