Monday, August 10, 2009

4 Months!

Olivia turned 4 months old today, so we had our monthly "photo shoot." She was a peach throughout the whole thing. I put her in the bean bag again as a comparison for growth from last month, but I tried other positions, too. Unfortunately for us the bean bag has lost its allure, especially as Olivia becomes more active! I don't know what I'm going to do next month when I go back to work and won't be able to take pictures in the wonderful upstairs mid-day light!


She was getting distracted by the trees outside during the short time I took pictures.

I discovered the sure-fire way to make her smile: stand on the bed looking down at her and sing color songs... I only know 3 color songs. Lol.


Peek-a-boo! Olivia is getting great at holding her head up while on her tummy, especially now that Mommy has figured out a way to do tummy time (another day, another post...).


But at the end of the day, what intrigues my girl most is her own clothing. I'm raising a fashionista.



At 4 months old, she is still cast-bound but thankfully (as you can see), she is free from the knees down. It is fun to watch her kick away. We've also noticed a lot of drooling and mouthing things, so we expect her teeth will be right on time. Here are some things that Olivia can do really well!
hold my head up in an upright position
hold my head still (so it doesn't fall backward) when being picked up after laying down
raise my head up while on my tummy
look for Mommy and Daddy when I hear their voices
look at people who are talking
smile when others smile at me (even strangers!)
giggle at funny things
babble all the time, with different pitches and tones
follow small objects with my eyes
look at books with Mommy
hold on to things (toys, shirts, hair...)
if I concentrate really hard, I can reach for and grasp something
kick my feet!
use my hands and feet to push off something
bring my hands together in front of me
put stuff in my mouth

1 comment:

  1. of course you're raising a fashionista - re: the legwarmer post below *grin*...

    what a good-looking girl!
    mk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin